Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Rowsters

I went to Rowsters and I learned a few things about the Coffee industry. To start out I have vague information on how coffee is made as my mom attempted a coffee shop back in Delaware. suffice to say it was not an easy opening. Where we failed is we attempted to cater to everyone at low costs. While this did get many people it did not work out on making a profit. The owner had a completly different idea of how he wanted operate the business. His main focus was quality coffee and premium price in the up and coming market of cherry road. The unwillingness to loose quality to compete makes him a unique case. Not only is his business model something to take interest but the fact he has not accured any debt in starting the business. This helps a lot during the rough time ahead in the US economy. This reminded me of South Boston where my father currently resides. A lot of new families are begining to move back into areas of cities once deemed slums and bringing new money into the community.

No comments: